"Ready for M&A" - Always be prepared.
Buying or selling a business is not an everyday undertaking. No matter which perspective of M&A transactions is of interest you, knowledge equals a calculated approach. Inform yourself about possible processes, stumbling blocks and success factors.
For the partner organizations of large software ecosystems
Business transactions of your partners accelerate their growth, create more robust units and open doors in new markets – they are part of the decision making spectrum of good management. And so your partners often seek entrepreneurial advice: does an acquisition make strategic or spatial sense? How do I manage and finance growth? Is an exit conceivable and useful?
In order to be able to competently assist partners, questions include:
· Which phases of the company go through software partners and which triggers for transactions arise?
· How are ratings created and what are the typical processes of a transaction?
· How do I identify opportunities for my partner spectrum and use them in compliance?
In a seminar individually tailored to the client, transactions are seen by the market as an opportunity for the manufacturer. They train partner managers comprehensively to actively recognize potentials and make them usable for themselves. Please contact us to learn more about the offering.
For owners, managing partners and board members
A corporate sale ideally starts long before finding suitable buyers: building your expertise. In a one day session, we will give you all the basics to prepare your company for a possible later sales process. And because your time is precious, our focus is 100% on the needs of the IT, software, Internet, and mobile industries, and also on growth industries which are subject to special value drivers and ideas from buyers.
Many of our clients prefer to remain anonymous or do not want to waste time traveling. That is why it is always possible to participate remotely in our seminars. Please contact us for dates and availability.
Topics and discussed questions
Introduction to company sales
· The M&A market in Germany and internationally
· Triggers and goals of M&A
· Which buyers are in the market and how do I find them?
· Process and advantages of auction procedures vs. exclusivity
Typical transaction process in phases
· Preparatory measures
· Temporal sequence, phases and documents
· Roles in the transaction process
· Checklist for value increasing/decreasing factors, deal killers, obstacles and success factors
· Structure and essentials for data rooms
· Components of due diligence: Legal, Finance, Tax, HR
· Effects of DD findings on the sales result
Legal contract design
· Transaction types
· Development of a stock purchase agreement
· Negotiation level lawyer / attorney
· Important contract components for technology companies
Business valuation of growth companies
· Key valuation factors
· Evaluation of start-ups
· Phases and players in growth finance
Negotiation - tactics, do's and don'ts
What happens after closing the deal
· Personal experience in M&A transactions sales